Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lunch is Served

Hello again!
Thanks for sticking around. I'm picking up right where I left off.

So, the one thing that I was especially nervous about when coming to Senegal, was the food. I can officially say that all my worrying was for naught. We went to this restaurant called Djembe, which is in downtown Dakar (It was really weird that we were one of the few customers). The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I ordered brochettes, which are fish kabobs. The fish was seasoned to perfection, moist and plentiful. 



A djembe is a very common drum across many countries in Africa.


Look at this deliciousness. The diced goodness on the left was a sort of slaw.


Apparently it is very common to eat fruit as a dessert in Senegal. I was so full, I could barely finish my bananas and pineapples.

I found it interesting that the owner was white, I'm not sure of his ethnicity or nationality though. Very courteous, and hospitable. Blame it on my unworldliness/naivete.


No comments:

Post a Comment