Search This Blog

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Forgive Me Father For I Am In Awe

I am simply awestruck by Praia. I can't say that I had any real preconceived notions of how Cape Verde would look, but I did have some coworkers/friends who told me that it was dirty. I always try not to let the experience/ideas/opinions of others color my views but I'm sure they crept in like a thief in the night anyway. Take a looksey at the wonderful sights.



It's been much too cold to swim, and the waves are no joke


I'm a product of parochial schools and I saw Sister Act so I am right as rain posing with the Pope.


I kept trying to get on the carousel but this older guy shooed me away and said that I was too old. Little did he know that I was plotting on one wooden filly.

Shopping plaza

I believe this is an office building/apartment complex.



Persistence pays off my friends

This sweater is not a fashion statement, it was nippy the entire freaking time I was in Cape Verde

The National Assembly Hall

It's so interesting and exciting to see the construction/wok that is being done in Praia. That is such a great sign of development. I can't help but to compare it to Haiti. But like Teddy Roosevelt said "Comparison is the thief of joy". Looking back at these pictures, I must say that I didn't give Cape Verde a fair chance. There are 9 other islands, so another trip to explore is a definite must.

No comments:

Post a Comment