Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Yo manke pou pou sou tet bebe a!


9/23/11

Just witnessed my second Haitian birth.  It was awesome as well.  I felt like crying, lol which would have been weird.  This whole labor thing is kind of long and tedious though.  It is hard to stay interested.  I think it’s because I’m not actually doing anything.  I also witnessed my first bowel movement during labor as well, I’m not as disgusted as I thought I would be.  It just reminded me of when other mammals are in labor, and how it’s just a natural reaction to the pushing that their body does.  The mom J was laboring on her hands and knees, and when she was fully dilated, she was grunting and moaning, and crying out for Jesus.  Throughout her labor, she was dripping amniotic fluid and while pushing she started to poop.  The baby’s head was crowning and her head was facing up towards the mom’s butt, and I was so worried that the baby’s face would be pooped on.  I don’t think she was.  When she birthed the placenta, it kind of reminded me of liver.  I love liver, but I don’t think I want to eat it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment